Viper recommends the use of specially formulated Viper Wire Rope Lubricants with the Viper wire rope lubricator unit. These products have been tried and tested in real life applications and perform exceptionally well through the Viper lubrication unit.
VPG-0 Penetrating GREASE
DOWNLOAD THE VPG-0 PENETRATING GREASE DATASHEET
- For marine and industrial applications which are subjected to high levels of abrasive contamination such as shiploaders, winder ropes, mobile crane wires.
- Viper WRL-VPG-0 is a gold, tacky, water resistant, fluid grease which will not fling off wire ropes or sheaves. The NLGI #0 rating enables excellent penetration to be achieved with the Viper lubricator which displaces moisture from the rope core. VPG-0 reduces friction and wear on internal and external strands while also providing protection for sheaves and rope drums.
VCG-1 Coating Grease
DOWNLOAD THE VCG-1 COATING GREASE DATASHEET
- For marine and industrial applications which are subjected to water washout such as anchor wires, tow wires, underground winders and any underwater use.
- Viper WRL Coating VCG-1 is a red, tacky, waterproof, soft grease which will not wash or fling off wire ropes even when immersed in water. The NLGI #1 rating enables good penetration to be achieved with the Viper lubricator. VCG-1 reduces friction and wear on internal and external strands while also providing protection for sheaves and rope drums.
ERG-1 ECO ROPE GUARDIAN
DOWNLOAD THE ERG-1 ECO ROPE GUARDIAN DATASHEET
- A certified Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL), recommended for use in applications on or near waterways. It meets the specifications required by the EPA’s Vessel General Permit (VGP). It is readily biodegradable, exhibits minimal aquatic toxicity and will not accumulate in the cells of fish and other aquatic life forms.
Its semi-tacky, water-resistant characteristics enable it to adhere to the application and seal out damaging moisture and protect against rust formation. It’s robust additive package further helps it protect against wear, corrosion, impact, rust and oxidation.
- Viper can also supply various other wire rope lubricants including penetrating oil, self healing film and Low Tox type products from Lubrication Engineers Inc.