ASSEMBLY AND OPERATION MANUAL
DOWNLOAD THE VIPER MAXI MKII ASSEMBLY & OPERATION MANUAL
DOWNLOAD THE VIPER MID MKII ASSEMBLY & OPERATION MANUAL
DOWNLOAD THE VIPER MINI MKII ASSEMBLY & OPERATION MANUAL
CAUTION LEVEL RATING
- Before installation of the wire rope lubricator onto the cable, ensure the work area is clean and safe to work in with adequate space around the cable attachment point, for attachment of the Viper collar.
- Ensure buckles and straps, D shackles and attachment points used to anchor the Viper Lubricator are rated for a minimum WWL of 500 kg.
- Check hydraulic hose, couplings air lines and fittings for damage or wear, before connecting to grease pump and Viper lubricator collar. Carry out visual inspection of the Viper collar to ensure it has not been damaged during transport or handling. Damage to the casing that prevents it from sealing correctly will severely reduce the unit’s ability to force lubricant to the ropes core and could be a potential safety hazard.
- Always ensure the return grease line feeds to a container of suitable size for receiving the excess grease from the Viper lubricator. Grease allowed to flow from the return line without being captured may cause a serious slip or environmental hazard.
- Note Lubricants vary in their hazard and environmental ratings, please ensure Material Safety Data Sheets for all lubricants used with the Viper are kept in close proximity to the kit. Lubrication Engineers recommend a copy of the Lubricant in use MSDS is kept in the Aluminium carry case for reference as required. Lubrication Engineers supply a copy of the Viper WRL Coating Grease CG-0 MSDS with any kits that include this product.
Viper Assembly and Use Danger Rating
- Before attaching the Viper lubricator collar to the cable, you must ensure the cable winch control has been locked out and tagged. Serious injury or death may occur should the cable winching equipment be activated while the Viper Lubricator is being fitted to the cable.
- When the Viper Lubricator has been assembled, attached to the Cable and anchored in position, the lubrication system can be activated. While in operation the grease pump can generate up to 5,500 PSI grease pressure. Under no circumstances should the Viper collar be opened or the grease hose disconnected while under pressure as this can cause serious injury.
- While in operation the Viper Lubricator utilises both high pressure air, up to 120 PSI max and high pressure grease up to 5,500 PSI. Always wear appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) while carrying out the cable lubrication operation.
- Suggested PPE includes, safety glasses, leather gloves, safety boots, long sleeved shirts, high visibility vest, hard hat and hearing protection.
- Lubrication Engineers recommend to only use pumps, fittings, hoses and accessories supplied or recommended Lubrication Engineers. All of our components have been tested to ensure they will work safely and effectively for extended duty cycles. Using non-approved components may lead to unexpected failure of the Viper Lubricator and / or its components causing serious injury to maintenance personal.