- Viper seals are designed to have some interference with the rope, depending on its size and type, with an interference of up to 3mm allowable for standard 6 & 8 strand ropes. For compact, non-rotating or wireline type ropes which do not have valleys, a maximum interference of 1mm is recommended as these ropes do not allow for the same amount of seal deflection within the collar.
- Viper recommend that wire ropes be physically measured prior to ordering seals and scrapers as ropes in service may vary in size. Scrapers are supplied slightly larger than the actual wire rope size to allow for rope flexing.
- Viper Rope Cleaners enable the removal of contamination or built up old lubricant from the wire rope prior to lubrication, improving the effectiveness of the lubrication process via the Viper WRL.
- Available for 6 and 8 strand ropes in a wide range of sizes. It is critical that all ropes be physically measured prior to selecting and ordering the VRC, as ropes size may vary in service.
Smooth bore rope cleaner
- For certain types of wire ropes where the standard Viper Rope Cleaner is not suitable, the Viper ‘Smooth Bore’ rope cleaner is available. The Smooth Bore Rope Cleaner would typically be used on those ropes with a large number of outer strands, some non-rotational ropes, ROV cables, etc, where the valleys between the strands are minimal and do not readily facilitate a standard Viper Rope Cleaner.
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE SEAL & SCRAPER SELECTION GUIDE